Pages

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Kirby's Confessions


Even though this is a faith-based blog, I think that sometimes we forget that no matter who we are or where we come from, we all have a lot in common. So I’d like to take this opportunity to introduce myself to you and give you insight into some of my quirks. My likes and dislikes. My fears. My humanity. My prayer is that no matter where you are in your journey, you will be strengthened by all of the things I feel God has laid on my heart. I’m looking forward to getting to know you!

 

1. This whole blog thing is completely new to me. I honestly have no clue what I’m doing.

 

2. I’m extremely sensitive. I’m getting better at it, but I’ve always been the kid who would burst into sobs when the teacher asks me to be quiet.

 

3. I want to please everyone. Very badly.

 

4. I’m really sarcastic. And I love anti-jokes. And corny puns. Because let’s just admit it . . . they’re really punny. (Okay, that was bad. I know.)

 

5. I’m a Grandma driver. So if you ever get stuck behind me on the road . . . sorry about it.

 

6. I have to eat as soon as I wake up in the morning. I really like food.

 

7. I exclude myself from people a lot, especially when I think they’re better than I am.

 

8. I envy girls who can wake up in the morning and look absolutely stunning.

 

9. My handwriting is really atrocious.

 

10. I smile way too much.

 

11. I recently played Patty Simcox in my High School’s production of “Grease.” She’s the goody-two-shoes cheerleader who is “given to disconcerting bursts of enthusiasm.” That’s actually my life. Except the whole cheerleader part. Tried that in second grade . . . never really got me anywhere.

 

12. I love music. So much.

 

13. I wish everyone would just get along. But that’s a pretty pointless wish.

 

14. I’m a really deep thinker. Sometimes, I think I’m just an enlightenment philosopher trapped in the body of a sixteen-year-old girl.

 

15. I eat a lot of salad. (Insecure teenage girl problems.)

 

16. I get really humbled and mushy-gushy when I find out that someone looks up to me.

 
 
17. I like civil discussion on controversial topics.

 

18. My favorite book is The Kite Runner.

 

19. I became a Christian when I was ten years old.

 

20. I then tried to lead my dog to Christ.

 

21. I’m a grammar nazi. So if you ever see a grammatical error in one of my posts, feel free to call me out on it.

 

22. I feel like I should be perfect, and I constantly compare myself to everyone else.

 

23. I’m very hard on my bible, and it’s completely falling apart. I guess my parents forgot to teach me how to be nice to books.

 

24. I’m a caffeine addict.

 

25. I have a very positive outlook on life, but sometimes I feel like I frighten others with my happiness.

 

26. I find joy in making other people cry. But not like defeated puppy cry. More like feeling loved and inspired cry.

 

27. I feel guilty because I know I’m so much more fortunate than the majority of the world.

 

28. I sleep with my closet light on.

 

29. I’m not really sure what I’m going to do with the rest of my life. I really just want to save the whole world. Like literally, all of it.

 

30. It bothers me that I used the word “world” in both 27 and 29. When I write papers, I try to vary my word choice as much as possible, and I end up using a bunch of words that no one’s ever heard of.

 

So . . . that’s basically me. I’m just your average teenage girl who simply has a lot to say. (Excuse me . . . in the spirit of my inner English nerd, a plethora of things to say.) I just hope that something I say will speak to your heart and say something about God. Be blessed! (:

 
~ Kirby

No comments:

Post a Comment